Juvenile Law

When your children need legal representation in any way, let the juvenile law specialists at Karpstein & Verhulst P.C. in Hillsboro, Oregon, handle your case. We offer dedicated attorneys for a variety of situations:

Juvenile Dependency

When a child comes to court because a parent neglected or hurt them, we represent the juvenile or the parents. Until a child grows up, he is dependent on adults and needs their protection, so when the parents can’t or won’t take care of their child properly, the juvenile court steps in and the child may become dependent on the court for safeguarding and live with another family for a while.

Working with You

At our firm, we help you get through this process quickly and with little suffering for either party.We are very compassionate when it comes to children’s well-being, and we guide families through the steps to ensure the outcome is the best for everyone involved. Trust our experience with child welfare cases.

Juvenile Delinquency

A minor that has participated in illegal behavior needs an experienced attorney. Driving under the influence, driving with a suspended license, and theft are in our area of expertise, and we have spent many years working with the juvenile detention centers.

Fighting for Your Children

In recent years, the average age for first arrest has dropped significantly, and younger boys and girls are committing crimes. Some of the offenses range from status offenses such as underage smoking and drinking to property damage and violent crimes.

First-time and repeat offenders need experienced attorneys to get them through the necessary filings and court proceedings. Let us help you get your child get back on the right track with a fresh start.

Categories of Juvenile Delinquency

• Criminal Behavior–Crimes Handled by the Criminal Justice System
• Delinquency–Crimes Committed by Minors Which Are Handled by the Juvenile Courts & Justice System
• Status Offenses, Including Truancy–Offenses Classified as Such because of Minor Status, Handled by the Juvenile Courts

Juvenile Court

The best place for your child is at home with parents, not incarcerated. Most juvenile crimes are similar to those for adult offenders, but the penalties and laws associated with juvenile crimes are different. Juveniles are not entitled to a trial by jury and are not allowed to be released on bail. Our attorneys have a better chance of getting the child into rehabilitation instead of placement in a state facility.


• Adoptions
• Delinquincy
• Dependency
• Guardianships